Want to buy a Shopify store but don’t know how to check the Shopify store before you buy?
In today’s fast-paced world, online shopping has become the preferred method of purchasing goods and services. With the proliferation of online shopping, it is crucial for companies to have an online storefront. Shopify is one platform that provides entrepreneurs and businesses with the necessary tools to create their online store.
In this article, we will dive into the world of Shopify and explore why it is the go-to platform for many businesses. We will also discuss the importance of having a Shopify store and how to purchase an existing one. Furthermore, we will provide expert advice on effectively checking a Shopify store before purchasing.
What is Shopify?
Shopify is an all-in-one e-commerce platform allowing users to create and manage online stores. It was founded in 2004 and has since become one of the leading e-commerce platforms with over a million active users. Shopify provides users with everything they need to start, run, and grow their online business, including website-building tools, payment processing options, inventory management systems, and marketing tools.
What is so special about Shopify?
There are many reasons why Shopify stands out from other e-commerce platforms. Here are some of the key features that make it special:
- Accessibility and ease of use: Shopify’s intuitive interface makes it possible for virtually anyone to open and operate a successful online store.
- Choices for personalization: Users can make their online shop look like it belongs to them by choosing from a number of premade themes and templates.
- Secure payment processing: Shopify’s own payment system, Shopify Payments, makes it possible for users to accept credit card payments with no additional integrations.
- App store: Users can choose from a variety of apps and tools to expand the capabilities of their online store in the Shopify app store.
- SEO optimization: Shopify has built-in SEO features that help improve a store’s visibility on search engines and drive more traffic.
Advantages of Shopify over other platforms
With so many e-commerce platforms available, choosing the right one for your business can be overwhelming. Here are some advantages that Shopify offers over other platforms:
- No coding required: Unlike other platforms that may require technical skills, Shopify provides a user-friendly interface that does not require any coding knowledge.
- All-in-one solution: Shopify offers all the necessary tools and features to run an online store, eliminating the need for third-party integrations.
- Scalability: As a business grows, so do its needs. With Shopify’s scalable infrastructure, businesses can easily upgrade their plans as they expand.
- 24/7 customer support: Shopify provides 24/7 customer assistance to all of its customers, ensuring that any difficulties or complaints are resolved as soon as possible.
Importance of Having a Shopify Store
Businesses must have an online presence in order to thrive in today’s digital world. Here are some reasons why having a Shopify store is essential:
Why Do You Need a Shopify Store?
Just imagine: You’ve decided to open a business and have the perfect product to sell. You’ve also identified your target audience and have a solid marketing plan in place. But there’s one problem – where will your customers buy your products? This is where having an online store comes in. With a Shopify store, you can reach a wider audience and make purchasing from you easier for potential customers.
Advantages of Using Shopify for Your Online Store
- Global reach: With the internet, your potential customers are wider than just your local area. Having a Shopify store allows you to sell to customers worldwide.
- Cost-effective: Running an online store on Shopify is much more cost-effective than traditional brick-and-mortar stores. There’s no need for physical space or employees, and the platform offers affordable pricing plans.
- Easy to manage: Shopify makes it possible to run an e-commerce business from any location with an internet connection thanks to its user-friendly features and straightforward interface.
- Increased sales: With the ease of online shopping, having a Shopify store can increase your business’s sales. Plus, you can attract and retain customers with features like abandoned cart recovery and marketing tools.
How to Buy Shopify Stores Online?
As the need for online shopping develops, so does the market for purchasing and selling existing Shopify sites. Here are some key things to consider when looking to purchase a Shopify store:
Factors to Consider When Buying a Shopify Store
- Niche: Choosing a store in a niche you are familiar with and passionate about is important. This will make it easier for you to understand the products and target audience.
- Traffic: Look at the store’s traffic history to determine its popularity and potential for sales.
- Revenue: Along with traffic, consider the store’s revenue history to ensure it has a steady flow of income.
- Competition: Research the competition in the niche and see how the store you are interested in stands out.
- Age of the store: An older store may have established a loyal customer base and could bring in more revenue.
Why Should You Consider Buying an Existing Shopify Store?
Establishing a company from beginning may be difficult, and results take time to appear. However, purchasing an existing Shopify store can bypass the initial setup and start making sales immediately. Here are some reasons why buying an existing Shopify store may be a good option for entrepreneurs:
- Established customer base: An existing Shopify store would already have a customer base, saving you the time and effort of building one from scratch.
- Proven track record: By purchasing an existing store, you can see its sales and revenue history, giving you an idea of its potential for success.
- Established brand: A well-established brand comes with credibility and customer trust, making it easier to attract new ones.
- Ready-made infrastructure: With an existing store, you don’t need to worry about setting up a website or payment processing system. It’s all done for you.
Why Pre-Built Shopify Stores Are an Ideal Choice For New Entrepreneurs?
As mentioned earlier, starting a business from scratch can be time-consuming and challenging. This is where pre-built Shopify stores come in – they provide an ideal solution for new entrepreneurs looking to enter the eCommerce market. Here’s why:
Quick and Easy Setup
Setting up a website from scratch requires technical know-how, time, and effort. With pre-built Shopify stores, everything is done for you. All you need to do is customize the store to fit your brand and start selling immediately.
Start Selling Immediately:
You may start selling your items with a pre-built Shopify shop like right now. This makes it an ideal option for entrepreneurs who want to see results quickly without the hassle of setting up a website and sourcing products.
Low Startup Costs
With a pre-built Shopify store, the typically high costs associated with starting a business can be avoided. You don’t have to worry about hiring web developers or designers, and the monthly fees for using Shopify are affordable even for new entrepreneurs.
No Need to Worry About Inventory or Shipping
Managing inventory and shipping can be a headache, especially for new entrepreneurs. With pre-built Shopify stores, this is taken care of by the supplier. This means you can concentrate on marketing and expanding your company rather than dealing with logistics.
Access to a Global Market of Shoppers
With an online business, you have access to a worldwide market of customers, enabling you to reach a broader audience and perhaps improve sales. Plus, with Shopify’s multi-currency feature, customers can shop in their local currency, making it easier to make purchases.
No Experience Necessary
Building your website may seem daunting if you have not gained prior experience or technical knowledge. However, pre-built Shopify stores require no coding or design skills. Using the intuitive interface, you can make changes to your shop and add new items with ease.
Lower Risk of Failure
With an already established customer base, proven track record, and ready-made infrastructure, pre-built Shopify stores have a lower risk of failure compared to starting a business from scratch.
How To Check Shopify Store Before You Buy?
Now that you know why it is a good idea to buy an established Shopify store, the next question is how to do it safely. Here are some steps that expert entrepreneurs suggest to take when checking out a potential Shopify store for purchase:
1. Research the Niche
As mentioned earlier, choosing a niche you are familiar with and passionate about is important. This will make it easier for you to understand the products and target audience. Research the niche thoroughly to make sure it aligns with your interests and values.
2. Analyze Traffic and Revenue History
Before purchasing, it’s crucial to analyze the store’s traffic and revenue history. This will give you an idea of its popularity and potential for sales. Look at trends over time and see if there are any spikes or declines in traffic and revenue. Google Analytics and SEMrush are two useful tools for compiling this data.
3. Check for Competition
Research the competition in the niche and see how the store you are interested in stands out. Look at what other businesses offer and compare it to the Shopify store. This will give you an idea of how the store may perform in a competitive market.
4. Consider the Age of the Store
An older store may have established a loyal customer base and could bring in more revenue. However, don’t discount newer stores – they may have untapped potential and offer a fresh perspective in the niche.
5. Evaluate Brand Reputation
A store’s brand reputation is crucial in attracting and retaining customers. Research the store’s social media presence, online reviews, and customer interactions to understand how their target audience perceives them.
6. Analyze Product Quality
It’s important to check the quality of products being sold on the Shopify store. This will impact customer satisfaction and ultimately affect sales.
7. Investigate The Seller
Before making a purchase, it’s essential to investigate the seller. Look at their ratings and reviews on the Shopify marketplace or any other platform they may be selling on. This will give you an idea of their credibility and reliability.
Due diligence process before acquiring a Shopify store
Purchasing a pre-built Shopify store is not something that should be taken lightly. If you want to make sure you are investing in a successful enterprise, you should do your homework before you buy. Here are the steps you should take:
- Request Access to Google Analytics and Social Media Accounts
In order to verify the seller’s claimed traffic and revenue figures, you should request access to their Google Analytics and social media accounts. This will also allow you to see any spikes or declines in traffic over time.
- Ask for Financial Statements
It’s important to review the financial statements of the store, including income statements, balance sheets, and cash flow statements. This will give you a better understanding of the store’s profitability and financial health.
- Review Order History
Take a look at the store’s order history to see how many orders have been processed and the average order value. This will give you an idea of the store’s revenue potential.
- Check Inventory and Supplier Relationships
It’s important to check the inventory levels and supplier relationships if the store sells physical products. Ensure no product availability issues or relationships could affect future sales.
- Analyze Customer Feedback
Look at customer reviews, feedback, and ratings to understand the store’s reputation and customer satisfaction. This will also help you identify any potential areas for improvement.
- Review Marketing Strategies
Ask the seller about their marketing strategies and see if they align with your own plans for the store. This will also give you an idea of the seller’s understanding of and approach to marketing.
- Consult with Expert Opinion
When in doubt, it’s always a good idea to consult with an expert or get a second opinion before making a purchase. They may have insights or advice that you may have overlooked.
Getting Started with Selling on Shopify
How To Start Selling on Shopify? (Detailed)
Now that you understand what to look for when purchasing an existing Shopify store let’s dive into how you can start selling on the platform. Here are some steps to get started:
Create a Shopify Account
Getting started with Shopify requires signing up for an account. You can use a free trial to explore the platform before committing to a paid plan.
Choose a Plan
Shopify offers different plans with varying features and pricing, so choose the one that best suits your needs and budget.
Select a Domain Name
Choose a domain name for your Shopify shop that is both relevant to your brand and easy to remember for your target audience.
Customize Your Store
Now it’s time to customize your store by choosing a theme, adding products, and creating pages like an About Us page, a Contact page, and more.
Set Up Payment Methods
Shopify offers various payment options for customers, including credit cards, PayPal, and more. Please choose the best ones for you and set them up in your store.
Launch Your Store
Once you have everything set up, it’s time to launch your store and start selling!
Promote Your Store
After your online business is up and running, it’s time to start advertising it via channels like social media, email, influencer relationships, and more. Your store’s foot traffic and revenue will increase as a result of this.
Setting Up Your Shopify Store For Success
Optimize Your Product Pages
Make sure your product pages are informative and visually appealing to attract potential customers. Use high-quality images, clear product descriptions, and customer reviews to showcase the value of your products.
Utilize SEO Techniques
Use appropriate keywords in the titles, descriptions, and meta tags of your products to improve your store’s visibility in search engine results. This will help improve your store’s visibility in search results.
Offer Discounts and Promotions
Offering bargains and other discounts may be a great way to bring in new consumers and boost revenue. You can also use this as a tactic to upsell or cross-sell products.
Provide Excellent Customer Service
Providing outstanding customer service may help establish client loyalty and generate repeat business. Make sure to respond promptly to inquiries and address any issues that arise.
Constantly Monitor and Improve
Regularly review your store’s performance, including traffic, sales, and customer feedback. Use this information to make necessary improvements and adjustments to continue growing your business.
Tips for successful selling on Shopify:
Congratulations on making it so far! Now that you have your Shopify store set up, here are some additional tips to help you succeed on the platform:
- Keep track of your inventory and restock accordingly to avoid any delays in order fulfillment.
- Utilize Shopify’s built-in analytics to monitor your store’s performance and make data-driven decisions for improvement.
- Utilize social media networks to market your items and communicate with prospective buyers.
- Maintain a great reputation and promote repeat business by providing outstanding customer service.
- Continuously update and improve your product listings to keep them fresh and relevant.
- Utilize marketing tactics like email campaigns, promotions, and influencer partnerships to reach a wider audience.
- Keep up with the latest trends in your industry and adapt accordingly to stay competitive.
- Prioritize SEO optimization for higher visibility on search engines.
- Network with other Shopify sellers for advice, support, and potential collaborations.
- Regularly review your store’s financial statements to track profitability and identify areas for improvement.
FAQs about How to Check the Shopify Store Before You Buy
How much does it cost to start a Shopify store?
A: Shopify offers different plans starting at $29 per month, with additional fees for apps and payment processing. Choosing a plan that aligns with your business needs and budget is important.
Can I sell both physical and digital products on Shopify?
A: Yes, you can sell both physical and digital products on Shopify. The platform also has features specifically for selling digital products, such as instant downloads and access to files.
Can I sell on Shopify if I need to gain technical skills?
A: Yes, Shopify is designed to be user-friendly and easy to use, even for those without technical skills. Tutorials and support staff are only two of the many tools available to help you learn the ropes of the platform.
Can I switch plans on Shopify?
A: Changes to your plan’s tier may be made at any time via your profile settings.Keep in mind that certain features may only be available on certain plans.
Where can I get a pre-built Shopify Store online?
Bebiggy is a reputable marketplace for buying and selling pre-built Shopify stores. Another option is to search for Shopify stores on Flippa, a popular online marketplace for buying and selling websites. Be sure you’ve done your homework before committing to anything.
Can I use my domain name for my Shopify store?
In conclusion, buying an existing Shopify store can be a great way to jumpstart your e-commerce journey. However, it’s important to do thorough research and analysis before making the purchase.
Once your store is set up, remember to monitor and improve to ensure its success continuously. With the right strategies and determination, your Shopify store has the potential to become a successful online business. Happy selling!