Do you know The WORLDWIDE jewelry market value in 2022 is $269.19 billion? Consider this industry a potential market for your online store if you are starting. Here, I’ll show you how to start a jewelry business on Shopify.
Shopify is a user-friendly platform that provides all the tools necessary to launch an e-jewelry store.
Let’s not waste time and get down to business.
How to Start a Jewelry Business: Step by Step guide
Shopify has many features that make it different from other websites. It makes it easy for anyone to create an online store. The server is set up for you, so you don’t have to worry about it. This means that you don’t have to spend time building one.
Start Your Business Plan
An effective business plan serves as a ROAD MAP for your business. It helps you create a vision of what your business will look like in the future. It also tells you what you need to do to reach your goals. Know the details of the plan before you begin.
You should plan well. You must learn everything about the industry, such as the competition, costs, your goal, etc. To get started, you need to make sure that you have enough resources to work with.
Include the following details in your business plan
- The purpose of your business.
- How much budget will you need to start?
- What steps do you need to take to develop your business?
- How will you market it?
- Who are your competitors?
- Who is your target market?
Get a good understanding of the industry before starting your business. This way, you will avoid making mistakes.
Research Your Potential Markets
You’ve your business plan, Great!
Now start researching your potential markets. The research process should begin by identifying which potential customers are most likely to buy your product. Find out about the demographics and behaviours of people interested in your products.
Research the following details-
- Where do you want to sell?
- Do you want to sell domestically or internationally?
- Who is the target customer?
- What is your potential market size and demand?
- Who is your competition?
- What are your competitors’ strengths and weaknesses?
Don’t forget to determine your break-even point and assess the market’s potential for growth.
Find trendy jewelry products
Search the internet to determine which designs, materials, and styles are in vogue. You can also search by design, material, and price range. Identify a product that is trending and has high growth potential.
- Start by doing an internet search on trends for your product category. Trends are popular or in-demand items that may increase your product sales and profits.
- The next step is browsing Google Trends. Identifying the top searched words or phrases associated with your product.
- Take a look at social media sites like Instagram and Twitter. This is a great way to find out what people are interested in.
- Follow influencers and brands on Twitter, YouTube, and Facebook.
- Look at successful jewelry businesses and find out what is selling well.
- Have a solid grasp of the approaches of competing jewelry designers. Set yourself apart by developing distinctive styles.
Note: Trends are not permanent. They change from time to time. Look for products that have high growth potential.
Create your online Shopify Store
You’re almost halfway to creating your own jewelry business.
You must follow some simple steps to start your Shopify store. Start with 3 day Shopify free trial. Create your Shopify account by signing up with email, Facebook, or Gmail.
While setting up your free trial, you’ll be asked to choose a business name that will be used as your permanent URL. For example, if your store name is “Jewel,” your default URL will be jewel.myshopify.com. You need to select a unique short name for your own online store.
You won’t be able to alter this, but you may purchase your own domain name. It will be like Jewel.com. But for that, you have to pay extra to buy your own domain.
Now proceed with answering some basic questions. Finally, You’re now inside your own jewelry Shopify store!!
- Pick a mobile-friendly, responsive, professional theme appropriate for your jewelry store.
- Create a unique logo for your jewelry company that can make your distinct identity.
- Set up all your initial pages correctly.
- Use Shopify Payments as your payment gateway. So you don’t have to pay the transaction fees.
- Make sure to check your website speed.
Find Wholesale jewelry suppliers
Every jewelry supplier has its own specialization. You should look for suppliers that have a wide selection of high-quality products.
You’ve 3 options to choose from-
Wholesale jewelry suppliers- Those sell in bulk at a wholesale price. You’ve to buy and manage your inventories.
Dropshipping Jewelry Suppliers- Those who manufacture and manage your inventories. When a new order comes in, you send it to them. They will send the products to your customer’s address.
Sourcing Agents- They basically source your products, check the quality and manage them. Send the products to your customers.
Search on the internet to identify the most reliable manufacturers who sell jewelry. Check out the social media platforms and the directories of the various suppliers as well.
Here are some tips for finding the best suppliers
- Check previous working records of suppliers. Read the reviews on Social Media platforms.
- Read about their return policy carefully.
- Increase your earnings by partnering with wholesalers that provide no-minimum orders on fashionable jewelry.
- Customer satisfaction may be dramatically increased by reducing shipment times. So, go with suppliers that have short order processing time.
Upload good-quality images of your products
Images play a significant role in the conversion of a website. Do you visit a website with poor blurry images?
The visual appearance of your products is crucial to attracting visitors to your website. Poor-quality images lead to a bad user experience and poor reviews. You’ll please your customers by uploading the correct images and making them feel valued.
In fact, you don’t need to pay a photographer to take photos of your products. A good photo editor can make them look really professional. Be creative with the background you place your product on. If the images that you upload are clear, crisp, and well-balanced, your site will look great.
- Optimize your image size so that it can load quickly. Shopify suggests using images that are 2048 pixels.
- Take pictures in natural light.
- Don’t make your image resolution too low.
- Use an appropriate backdrop that can make your product stand out.
- Make sure that your images look crisp and detailed.
- Use white paper or a bounce card to reflect light while shooting products.
- If you want your images to seem as authentic as possible, avoid filters.
- Don’t forget to price your products wisely. Includes all business expenses and jewelry-making expenses.
Promote your eCommerce jewelry store
All Done Now!!
Start PROMOTING your Shopify jewelry brand. Social media marketing is a fast-growing online advertising technique that has many advantages.
The initial step in social media marketing is to get your name out there. Set up a company profile on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and LinkedIn.
When it comes to social media marketing, quality is king. Connect with your audience and build a relationship. Be sure to UPLOAD content that is relevant to your business.
SEO or Search engine optimization is the best way to rank higher on search engines like Google, Yahoo, and Bing. Search engine optimization uses keywords to help users find what they want. Use keywords related to jewelry on your website content.
- Link your Shopify store on all of the Social Media posts.
- Maintain a uniform posting schedule across all platforms.
- Post videos about your products on YouTube.
- Identify potential jewelry-related keywords with a high search volume and low level of competition.
- Pin frequently to show off your collection on Pinterest.
- Promote your jewelry via social media influencers.
5 Best Shopify Jewelry Store Examples
You’ve read every step carefully and feel you have a firm grasp of the subject. But still unsure whether you want to go forward to start your jewelry business.
Motivate yourself by reading about the 5 best Shopify jewelry store examples.
Successful Shopify Jewelry store- King Ice
I must say about their logo. Having a lion within their logo gives it a sense of royalty, like their name, king Ice.
They especially sell Hip Hop jewelry and accessories. Those flashy rings and pendants on lengthy chains are sure to sell like hotcakes to any rap star.
All the images seem to be taken straight out of a rap music video. They have a massive fan base because of their over 512k Instagram and 186k Facebook followers. They publish fresh content to your social media accounts regularly.
The company seems to be constantly releasing new items practically every week.
Successful Shopify Jewelry store- Shashi
Whenever I first land on their website realize one thing “Simplicity is the beauty.” So simple, stunning and well-organized. The website’s white background makes every piece of jewelry stand out.
They sell rings, bracelets, necklaces, earrings and many more. Each item’s unique charm guarantees that it will be a hit with any customer. They even sell wholesale jewelry!
Constantly updating its social media accounts, including Facebook and Pinterest.
Successful Shopify Jewelry store- Qalo
Qalo is best for its silicon rings. The presentation of rings in the context of modern, busy lifestyles is enough to convince anyone to purchase one.
Discounts and limited-time offers will entice you to make an immediate purchase right as you get on the homepage. You’ll get apparel, accessories and pet supplies as well.
They have amassed a sizable and actively involved Instagram fan base.
Successful Shopify Jewelry store- Vrai
Vrai offers a wide variety of jewelry, from everyday items to wedding DIAMOND rings. Despite the high prices, their distinctive jewelry will entice any shopper.
Diamond jewelry line come in various shapes. Customers may use it to guide their purchasing decisions. Booking consultations with diamond experts is another service offered to customers.
Vrai’s well-captured product photographs are a great representation of the quality of their goods. Despite the many high-quality photographs shown on their site, it loads quickly. They got more than 55k followers on Facebook. Disseminate fresh and new Social media posts almost every day.
Successful Shopify Jewelry store- Missoma
Missoma makes its fame by making the ideal jewelry for your casual outfit. Missoma’s quasi-gemstone-adorned jewelry is gorgeous in its simplicity and uniqueness.
Their art of jewelry Really stimulates and promotes creativity. This jewellery shop provides various delivery alternatives regardless of where its clients may be.
More than 62k people follow Missoma on social media.
FAQs about How to Start a Jewelry Business
What is the cost of starting a jewelry business?
To open a retail jewelry shop, you must spend between $9,000 to $30,000 on rent deposits, storefront improvements, display cases, marketing materials, and merchandise. But with Shopify opening a jewelry store on a budget of less than $100 is entirely possible! Join up for Shopify’s free 3-day trial, create a website and personalize it, and then start Dropshipping.
How much do small jewelry businesses make?
A jewelry business may, indeed, be a lucrative business. As a matter of fact, in the international jewelry industry, the typical jeweler’s gross margin is about 42%. So, they get $42 on every $100 in sales.
Can I dropship on Shopify with no inventory?
Yes, You can dropship on Shopify with no inventory! Dropshipping is the process of selling products without owning them. Dropshipping suppliers keep inventory and ship directly to customers. For example, If you’re in the jewelry dropshipping business, your clients place orders at your store. Your manufacturer or wholesaler will send the goods directly to the customers.
What type of jewelry is most profitable?
Some profitable jewelry types are-
- Fashion Jewelry
- Beaded Jewelry
- Fine Jewelry
- Gold Plated Jewelry
- Custom bracelets & earrings
- Glass Bangles
- Handmade Jewelry
- Costume jewelry
How do I start a jewelry-selling business?
- Start Your Business Plan
- Research Your Potential Markets
- Find trendy jewelry products
- Create your online Shopify Store
- Find reliable jewelry, and wholesale suppliers
- Upload good-quality images of your products
- Promote your online jewelry business
Do I need a business bank account to start selling jewelry online?
You will need a business bank account to handle your funds and take payments for your Shopify store since it is a legal entity in its own right. The good news is that setting up a bank account for a company is simple. You can choose any financial institution.
Do you need business insurance for an online store?
Business insurance provides safeguards for your business monetarily and legally. So getting insurance is BETTER if you deal in online product sales. Your company’s goods will be safe from supply chain disruptions and on-the-job accidents.
Where can I buy a premade Shopify Jewelry Store?
Bebiggy offers you the opportunity to save money by purchasing a readymade Shopify jewelry business. Each startup jewelry business comes fully stocked and packed with award-winning products. Not only that, You’ll get fully functional and ready to sell in no time!
Jewelry online stores are a massive part of the fashion industry. It represents an enormous opportunity for entrepreneurs. As the globe gets more mobile, people want fashion accessories in the palm of their hand. Nowadays, there has been an explosion in jewelry sales.
Congratulations! You know everything about how to start a jewelry business online on Shopify. Hope that our examples of other entrepreneurs’ successes inspire you.
Start your Shopify Jewelry business now!
In case you need any help creating your Shopify store, contact us!!